Sunday, August 27, 2006

When Jayden first got to the PICU at UCSF he was intibated. Jayden got to ride in yet another helicopter while Mommy drove like a crazy woman to meet him there. By the time I got there he looked really puffy. I was really scared because I had never seen him like this and I hope I never do again. Thankfully he was extabated about 12 hours later. Trust me it was a long 12 hours. And when he woke up and was able to sit up in his chair I was soooo excited! The next night day was Jojo's 5th birthday party and I was so bummed not being able to be there. But thanks to all of you his birthday wasn't ruined. Thanks so much for helping out. The Neuro team headed by Dr. Jen Armstrong-Wells and Dr. Hutchinson (Hutch) got the ball rolling quickly and came up with the plan to go forward with the VNS surgery. They fell in love with this kid, what's not to love? Hutch made sure to come by and show love everyday and Jen bought him some new Pj's for the long hospital stay. The first test they did was an EEG. An EEG is where they placed leads on his head and monitor his brain waves. When they place the leads they use this gel which leaves his hair sticky. Mommy got bored and decided to give Jayden a new hairdo. I thought it was cute. What do you think?

No comments: