Friday, July 18, 2008

Staying busy!

There is so much to catch everyone up on. Last Spring I decided to go back to school. I am back at Delta taking prerequesites for the nursing program. Lucky for me I had quite a few college credits already so taking on these classes didn't seem so bad. My first few classes were online. This worked out perfectly because with my hectic schedule taking kids here and there I could work at my own pace. It's actually been fun and challenging. Before Jayden I would've run from a challenge and now I take it head on. Hmm go figure! This fall semester I am taking Anatomy. This class has turned into a huge challenge for me. I can barely remember my name and this professor is asking me to memorize the body inside and out. Lucky for me I have some awesome girls in my class who have become the best study buddies ever. We have all become friends and are great at pushing each other in achieving our common goal of becoming the best nurses. Next semester I'm off to chemistry and I am sure I'll be wishing I was back in Anatomy. Jose and the kids have been very supportive. Do you know how hard it is for them to let me study? They've been great. It's funny to hear my kids say," Aw man, you have to study again?" But I know I am setting a good example especially for Jeana and Andres. It has become a competition in this house as to who has the best grades. My son Andres has been an enormous help to me. Before I signed up for Anatomy I asked him if he was comfortable watching Jayden early in the morning so I could go to class. He has been awesome. Andres knows how to take care of a seizure, give him breathing treatments, and make sure that Jojo is ready for school by the time I get home. I couldn't do it without him. Thanks son!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Oh come on... your schedule doesn't sound that busy..HAHAH JUST KIDDING! I don't know how you do it!!! What a great supportive family you have! We miss you ALL so much!