Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas! I guess I didn't realize until this year how much my children count on our little traditions that we have established for our family over the years. The day after Thanksgiving the Christmas decorations come out. Infact, this year we started even earlier. The kids were so excited to get started. I on the other hand was not. I was overwhelmed with school and finals. The last thing I wanted to think about was decorating the house. Now that Andres and Jeana are getting older they have become in charge of the tree. I no longer have to go down to the basement and drag stuff out. The two of them took pride in getting everything together. With Jojo following them up and down the stairs like a little puppy dying to tear into everything, they managed not to run him over and be graceful doing it. They did all the work and I just supervised. And I might add that our tree was absolutely beautiful! This Christmas we really enjoyed spending time with our family. The first stop was my Mom's house where Lori and all her kids and grandkids gathered together with us to open gifts. Our next stop was Jose's Tia Esperanza's house where we would eat her famous,"pasole". Jose didn't eat anything all day in anticpation of all the food at his aunts house. Our final stop for Christmas Eve was to see Jose's Abuelita Graciela. She was very excited that we came over. We really enjoyed visiting with Tio Frankie and Tia Ophelia as well. We should really get together more often. Christmas Day was spent at my Mom's eating turkey until we were all beyond stuffed. Our family is growing like crazy, our latest addition is my neice Renee's son Adrian, aka Rocky. It was nice to have everyone together visiting and realizing how blessed we truley are to have each other.

No comments: