Friday, June 12, 2009

Road Trip!

On May 14th my Mom, Jojo, Jayden, and I set out on a road trip to Gilbert Arizona to watch my good friend Jody graduate from ASU. I wasn't sure if taking a 12 hour drive was a great idea at first. I was worried about Jayden sitting in his chair for such a long period of time. I was expecting Jojo to complain and the drive to nothing short of excruciating. But to my delight Jayden and Jojo were both troopers! Jojo was the best big brother ever! He was there in the backseat with Jayden to entertain him or help him out if he was in a bad position. Since Jayden has the g-tube now it was much easier to feed him along the trip. My Mom thought I was crazy to teach Jojo how to unhook Jayden from the tubing from his feed, but I totally trusted him to do it. So when we would pull the car over and hook Jayden up to eat it was Jojo's job to unhook him so we could keep driving. I walked him through the steps and he did great! How many 7 year olds can do that?
Jody's daughter Jacy was so excited to see Jayden. She was all over him giving him kisses and rubbing his face. She was so genuinely happy to see him. Jacy just kept talking to him and finally she turned around and said, " I keep talking to Jayden but he won't talk to me." I just explained to her that Jayden couldn't talk but that I could tell that he really liked her. She seemed to be satisfied with that and went on her way.
I was excited to see Jody graduate from ASU. She works hard, she's a great mother, wife, and friend. I wouldn' t have missed it for the world.
You inspire me to hurry up and finish school. Thanks for sharing your special day and me and my family. We love you!

No comments: