Friday, June 12, 2009

Camp Walla Walla

Camp Walla Walla is the name of Jayden's class for the summer. His teachers Amy and Raquel have gone to alot of trouble to recreate all of the wonderful sites and sounds of summer camp. And let me tell you, they have done a wonderful job. They will never know how much it touches my heart to see all that they do for my son. The shirts these boys are wearing are made from leaves they found outside. They painted the leaves and left their imprint on the shirts, each one is unique. The campfire that you see behind them is made from their handprints. Every single time I walk into that classroom I have to keep myself from tearing up. Tears of joy to see my son being so involved with everything they do. Right now they have a tent set up in their classroom and a (fake) campfire that actually gives the illusion of a real fire and when the kids press a button smoke comes out of it. These are just a few pictures that I was able to get. Amy and Raquel have took some amazing pictures of Jayden but I won't be able to get them posted until Camp Walla Wall is finished :(
Each day at Camp Walla Walla is an adventure. Today the kids made smores. They each got to taste marshmallows, chocolate, and grahm crackers individually and then took turns pressing a button to pureed the 3 things together. I can't wait to see what they do next week!

No comments: