Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer Fun!

Summer break went by really fast. But we did manage to have some fun in the sun before the kids started back to school. Jose and I took the kids to Six Flags. The kids had a blast! They got to ride lots of rides and the weather was pretty nice. The crowd on the other hand was horrible. There was a ridiculous amount of people there and the whole time I was worried about people running into Jayden's chair. I am just now realizing that going on these kinds of adventures is actually more work than pleasure for me. I was completely stressed out the whole time. The accomdations for kids in wheelchairs was horrible. I couldn't find a place that I could change his diaper or hook him up to his feeds in private. At one point I had Jose and Jojo holding a blanket up for privacy while I changed Jayden while he was sitting in his chair. Some people might wonder why we wouldn't just leave Jayden at home. But why would we? He's part of the family and he goes where we go or we don't go at all. That's just how it is. In an effort to get Jayden out of the sun I took him to see all the shows which included the whale show and the sea lion show. The two teens took off on their own and checked in with us after every ride. I tried to get Jose to take Jojo and leave Jayden and I to do our own thing but he refused to seperate. I think he saw the stress in my face and knew exactly what I was thinking. It's times like this that I wish Jayden could just take off running with excitement and check everything out. So we decided to hangout and cruise the entire park checking out everything from the sharks to the lions and tigers. Jojo was in awe of everything. Andres and Jeana were bugging me the entire day to ride a roller coaster with them. I kept telling them no. Finally at the end of the night literally before the place closed down I gave in. And I am glad that I did.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Super fun!! I am glad that you finally gave in and rode the coaster!!! Even though it is stressful... I LOVE to see how everyone includes Jayden in everything!!! You are an awesome family!!!

CaydensLifeStory said...

yeah it is really hard enjoying places when your love is in a wheelchair, the world is not equipped for handicap children, in no way! The bathroom situation is horrible, not even in hospitals, do you find a restroom to change the diaper, well here at least! I love Cayden and I would not change a things about him, I LOVE taking him out, because I am proud to be his mother, sometimes its hard because people stare at him, and children whisper about him, but I just say to Cayden, Cayden your awesome, handsome, and your my hero :), I love how you said, he he dont go we dont go! Your a great mother :)