Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jojo my little baseball player

Jojo is my little athlete. He just finished basketball, now we're starting baseball, and we already signed him up for football which starts in June. He wasn't looking forward to baseball this year because he thought he was going to have to hit the ball off a tee. That was no fun. He was too advanced for that and last year he was bored. But when he found out that they had an actual pitcher and you could strike out or hit the ball and get a double; he was very excited. If my Dad was here he would be so proud that his grandson is the starting shortstop and lead off hitter for the Stockton Pony Giants. Jose doesn't have the patients to teach him all the fundamentals so he put me in charge. To my surprise Jojo actually listens to me. I was practicing with him before the first game and he got a basehit. He's still learning though. He doesn't always cover 2nd base when he is supposed to, and he learned the hard way what "rounding first base" meant. But other than that he's having a blast. He plays 2 games a week. I even got a Giants shirt and hat for Jayden to wear to the games. Unfortunately it has been either too cold or too windy for him to go to the park. Jeana and Andres take care of him at home. They are a great help.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Jojo... I don't think I have seen a cuter baseball player EVER!!!