Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So Proud Of My Husband

Since Jayden was 2 months
I have always been the one who took care of all of his special needs. I gave him his medicine, his bottle, his food, his baths, and did my best to control his seizures. And although Jose may never be able to ALL of these things we have found something he can do. Since Jayden got his g-tube Jose has learned to how to feed him. He is very interested in all of Jayden's meds and how much he gets and how often. He knows how to prime the tubing, set up the pump, and even draw up his meds. Jose was nervous the first time but now he can just jump right in and take over. It's been really nice because Jose is very confident at taking care of Jayden while I go to school or go study with my friends. It used to be that I couldn't even go to the grocery store all by myself. Now I am able to do so many more things.
With the economy the way it is Jose hasn't worked very much in the last 4 months. This has actually been a blessing in disguise. Because he has been home more he has been there both Jayden and I while Jayden was sick and in the hospital. He was there when Jayden has his surgery at UCSF. For the first time he got to see the whole process. He has been so much more involved than I could ever imagine. I am so proud of him and how far he has come. And with perfect timing next week Jose is starting back to work. The jobs have picked up and he is more than ready. He's been a little restless at home. God has a way of working things out. We are grateful to Him for all of our blessings. I am especially thankful for my husband and all his love and willingness to learn.

1 comment:

Jody said...

So proud of you Jose.. you are the man!