Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Jayden's successful surgery!

Hello everyone! I am glad to report that Jayden's surgery was very successful. He has been doing extremely well. Surgery lasted around 2 hours and Jayden was up and smiling right afterward. He was admitted to the hospital at UCSF so that I could learn to access his port. The nurses there were very confident that I could do the job. I practiced with the nurses first and then with Jayden. He wasn't very happy with me because he was still sore, but I did it successfully. From now on when I have to call 911 I will be able to establish IV access for the hospital so that they can load Jayden with a medicine to help stop the seizure. Special thanks to Dr. Harrison, 6 & 7 Long nurses, and of course our favorite Neurologist Dr. Abbie Collins. Thanks for believing in my ability to take care of Jayden and fighting for everyone of his needs! Thanks to everyone who kept us in your prayers. We have a long battle ahead of us. But I am confident that a miracle is around the corner. That's what it will take to make this baby well. Love, Brandy

No comments: