Friday, June 09, 2006

Jayden and Mamaw

Mamaw (my Mom Carla) has had 3 sets of Chemo so far and is doing great! She struggles with nausea for the first 3 to 5 days after chemo but has yet to loose any weight. I happy to report that her tumor is has shrunk significantly. In fact the lump that was under her arm is completly gone! She still has a long road ahead of her. Whether or not they can feel the lump at the end of chemo she will still have to have her left breast removed probably in early October, 6wks of radiation, and a shot once a week for a year. She is one tough lady! She has the best attitude. She's says we're going to take one day at a time. And tells us not to treat her like she is sick or we will make her mad! That sounds just like her huh? Mamaw says Jayden inspires her to be strong. If he can go through everything and still smile she can too! Just a reminder, my friend Jody Simmer in Arizona is still looking for donations for her Breast Cancer\Spina Bifida walk coming up in November. She is walking in honor of my Mom and her daughter Jacy (Jayden's girlfriend) who has spina bifida. If you would like to make donations you can contact me via email. Thanks. Love, Brandy

1 comment:

Jody said...

You go Carla!!! You and Jayden are both inspirations to me! I am so excited for the opportunity to walk in honor of you in my 3-Day walk in November!