Sunday, June 11, 2006

Still at UCSF

We are still at UCSF, but we have moved from the PICU to 6 Long which is the regular Ped floor. Jayden is doing really well. He doesn't want to suck on his bottle but will drink whatever I give him through a syringe. They put us in a private floor while they checked to make sure he didn't have a respitory infection. But....now that they know he's ok we have a roommate. This roommate is really really special. He has been Jayden' roommate before. A year ago when Jayden spent 6 wks in the ICN here at UCSF "Larry" was the kid next to him. Larry had a pretty and colorful mobile on his crib and Jayden didn't have anything so they shared. I recognized Larry the minute I saw him. HE's HUGE! HE's only a couple of months younger than Jayden and is at UCSF even more frequently than we are. My prayers to him and his family. As for Jayden, we expect to come home Tuesday afternoon. Right now the team is busy trying to schedule a MRI for Jayden in hopes that they may see something that is causing the seizures and be able to remove. It would be a miracle if they found something operable. I just keep praying for a miracle that they can fix him. Stop the seizures or at least slow them down. I can't wait to get out of here. I talked to JOJO today and he misses me and wants me home. It's so hard! I'll have more updates soon. Love, Brandy

No comments: